Van Cleef & Arpels has created a gorgeous portfolio of fine jewelry collections – the most notable is the Alhambra collection.
Part of what keeps the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra collection perpetually unique are the holiday pendants released every year. Since 2005, these gorgeous yearly unveilings have stirred immense excitement, resulting in nearly two decades’ worth of limited edition holiday pendants from the Maison. Ready to take a trip down memory lane? Read on to uncover some notable Van Cleef & Arpels holiday pendants over the years, ranging from the most current collection all the way to the early aughts.
What are holiday pendants, and when does Van Cleef & Arpels release them?
Every summer, anticipation starts to build among Van Cleef & Arpels fans for the release of their new holiday stone collection. The announcement typically comes in early September, followed by the official release in October. Each year, the holiday pendant showcases the iconic Vintage Alhambra pendant adorned with a unique diamond stone at its center. These pendants are a limited-time offering, and the stone featured is different from previous years, adding an element of exclusivity. VIP customers have the privilege of placing special orders, ensuring that these ultra-luxury pieces find their way to passionate collectors.
The Van Cleef & Arpels Holiday Pendants by Year
These are the types of gold and unique stones featured in Van Cleef & Arpels’ annual holiday pendant necklaces from 2023 – 2010.
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2023 Holiday: Rose Gold, Obsidian
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2022 Holiday: White Gold, Green Celadon
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2021 Holiday: Rose Gold, Rhodonite
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2020 Holiday: White Gold, Diamond Guilloche
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2019 Holiday: Yellow Gold, Blue Porcelain
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2018 Holiday: Yellow Gold, Yellow Mother of Pearl
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2017 Holiday: Rose Gold, Bull’s Eye
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2016 Holiday: Rose Gold, Black Onyx
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2015 Holiday: Rose Gold, Pink Porcelain
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2014 Holiday: Rose Gold, Grey Mother of Pearl
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2013 Holiday: Yellow Gold, Malachite
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2012 Holiday: Rose Gold, White Mother of Pearl
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2011 Holiday: Rose Gold, Carnelian
- Van Cleef & Arpels 2010 Holiday: Yellow Gold, Lapis Lazuli
What our fine jewelry experts love about the VCA holiday pendants:
Annie Van Lenten, Fine Jewelry Authentication Manager at FASHIONPHILE
My favorite in the holiday collection is the 2013 malachite version. Malachite is known to ward off the physical effects of stress and other negative energies. It’s said to help the wearer feel more confident in the face of uncertainty, helping them to ultimately embrace change! Malachite either has banded or concentric patterns that visually set it apart from other gems and only comes in shades of green, with the deeper emerald hues being most valuable, and VCA is simply THE BEST at utilizing this stone’s physical properties in a truly luxurious way!
Maureen Moses, Gemologist & Authenticator at FASHIONPHILE
My personal #1 favorite is this year’s (2023) because sheen obsidian erupts at volcanoes, and it’s one of my favorite stones in geology or gemology!
Here’s a quick recap!
A part of what makes the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra collection special is the release of their new holiday pendants every year. Do you have a favorite?